Monday, August 31, 2009

Ooo! Pretty!

Well! Initially I was concerned about the stitch definition of this project, but as it grows the problem all but disappears, and it's already super warm, dense, and soft as can be.

I was thinking about giving it to Sempei Todd when he earns his third dan and gets his own dojo (I'm gonna miss that guy), but I think I'll have to pry it from my own fingers first! He can get by with just some socks, right?

For this project I decided to give cabling without a cable needle a shot, and while I'm not sure it saves a ton of time it definitely is less cumbersome than having to grab a plastic hook every couple of stitches. For this scarf I've only been using a cable needle for the eight stitch ribbed cables bordering the braided ones every six rows. Sometimes a twisted stitch appears from when it was transferred from one needle to another, but that's easy to fix and I'm sure this method will be used again, especially in the car when I drop my cable needle down the crack between the seat and the door for the tenth f#%*ing time.

No comments: