Saturday, August 29, 2009

Two Gifts Done!

I handed over the completed Tridactyl gloves to Bonnie last night for her 15th birthday. She had been asking for fingerless mitts, but I couldn't have her know what her present was! There had to be SOME surprise! But she loved them, and they'll serve her well on the bench.


I thought this pattern was pretty original, and the wave pattern kept it mildly interesting, although it was still kind of a zone-out meditation project in some parts, so it was cool for watching movies.

The twisted rib cuff is extra tight, and should keep snow out. I think I'm going to try it out on my next pair of mittens for me-in fact, I'm kind of surprised I didn't try it before :P

I also finished Kelley O's bday hat, but I don't have any pics yet. I'll post one once I give it to her-I think the off white is going to contrast fabulously with her reddish-auburn hair :)

No comments: