Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another Hermione Hat Finished!

I finished this hat while stitching and bitching at a emmydee's for a sleepover:

I had been worried that my overly large head would tug open gaps around the cables and make it a little less warm, but I think my fears were unfounded. I'm sure I'll find out for real when the mercury dips below 32 degrees, but for now I am a happy camper! The cabling is as addicting as the pattern description said, and very impressive yet tasteful, bobbles and all. Even one of my Flogging-Molly-loving fire-fighting friends agreed that it was "badass" (or was at least able to convince me that was his opinion), and informed me that I am to wear it when we go sledding this winter :) Can't wait!

And of course, the now discontinued Patons Classic Wool Merino (I still can't get over that...) performed beautifully. I have just started a pair of Tridactyl gloves from Knitty using the replacement line, Patons Classic Wool, and it definitely seems coarser and more dense. At least the color is nice. "Aquarium" to pair with the wave pattern on the back. Will probably be a present for one of two people for Christmas...can't say who yet, of course.

No comments: