Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Payoff

We had a home game last night, against a school within 20 minutes of us, tops. We ended up having to mercy by the fifth inning, because we were up 17ish-0, so in otherwords there was a LOT of walks around the bases for our runners, and plenty of strikes flying out of our pitcher's glove.

This kind of game is alright in sweaty, muggy July when no on wants to stand in the field any more than necessary, right? The story is entirely different in 40 degree weather. But luckily for me and my teammates, I was highly boyscout-esque in the sense that I had enough knit gear to outfit several individuals for the Iditarod. Norweigen mittens, texting mittens with flip-off thumbs, Fetchings, Dashings, a watchcap, huge scarves...all tumbled from my backpack and onto the forms of my friends. Call me nerd if you like...but in this case, being a knitter really paid off :)

No comments: