Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

I had completely forgotten the date of this holiday, but coincidentally it was not far from my thoughts yesterday as I broke out Generation T for a little DIY fun yesterday. Once the attic was cleaned and my sewing machine fixed, I hunkered down for an hour or two with my D.A.R.E. shirts (Drug Abuse Resistance Education). One was red from my year of D.A.R.E., the other blue from the year after. (My teacher from the previous year let me and one of my friend's take home the extras). So...same logo, different colors. Potential chemistry. I opted for the "Rock the Tote" bag, I think it was, and ended up with this:


And, such is the nature of the design and materials, it's reversible. So if I flip it around...

I get this (as modeled by my sister).

Not designer, not the best color mix. But hey, it's Earth Day. And a sturdy bag like this-perhaps sturdy enough to withstand knitting needle pokes-is the ultimate in Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

No comments: