Monday, April 6, 2009

OhMyGosh

Softball season has begun, and thus knitting has fallen by the wayside (*sniff*). A sad fact, but at the very least it is being replaced by spending time with a great group of girls whom I love like sisters and not something pointless or illegal, right? Aside from practices and games 5-6 days a week, our coach encourages us to hang out together outside of that schedule, and thus we all had a massive dinner and sleepover at Bonnie's house over the weekend.

Perhaps the best thing she has suggested was the Kindness Swap, which got my sticks going again. We picked a name, and some time during the week had to do something nice for that person. Most people gave out sugary sweets and home-baked treats, but of course I had another idea in mind :) For Erica, I knit up a pair of Knucks out of Patons Classic Merino Wool in some heathery tan color, with the ribbed cuff option. Across the knuckles I embroidered "Redd Head" (yes, with two "d's" to make it fit). I got hugs back, so I think it was well received.

Now to continue knitting a pair for myself...this pair in royal purple, with puffy paint writing instead of embroidery, and the textured cuff. Across the knuckles? GANGSTER! Haha doesn't describe me in the least, but I'm just so proud to have figured out it has eight letters it has to be used! They'll probably end up on the hands of a certain teammate, but however this comes out, I can always knit more!

No comments: