Sunday, August 17, 2008

Temporary Deviation

Oh my gooseness Phelps broke the record with EIGHT gold medals in a single Olympics!

Now back to knitting...

Like I said earlier I can't say much about my current project, since it's my youngest cousin's Christmas gift. I can say a bit though, like it's made out of variegated Super Saver in a tan and raspberry pink colorway that's super cute, and it's constructed out of mitered garter stitch squares all knit in one piece. Her sister will probably receive a replica made out of a blue-and-brown colorway, and while I know their brother's present will be green-and-brown and the same type of garment, I need to find a more manly pattern for him. :) I don't think he'd appreciate receiving the same item as his sisters.

I was completely geeking out earlier, oh wow. I decided to check out the Llamas and Llambs Boutique web page, a really nice yarn and craft store my great aunt owns out in Oregon. I was checking out the list of suppliers for fiber and needles, and oOoOoOoOo I almost swooned when I saw all of the names I covet! Cascade? I've never used it, but the colors are b-e-a-u-tiful! (To quote Bruce Almighty). Opal sock yarn? Crystal Palace? As I said-geeking out. If I actually saw the shop I'd probably start drooling. If I ever can afford a plane ticket to Oregon I'll have to bring a bucket.

Well it's my little cousin's birthday party today, so getting dressed sounds like a nice idea. (Of course, some non-secret knitting project will be stashed in my purse)!

No comments: