Friday, August 8, 2008

Pure Irony

It figures. I considered bringing the Esperanza Cardigan to the lake with me. But no, I thought it would be to warm. It is august after all. I brought socks to work on.

It's freezing.

I needed a WIP that could keep me warm while I knit.

I started a shawl.

The Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl. I have already used this pattern once to get rid of some partial skeins of Super Saver, and after the first few washes it was soft enough and plenty warm. I have more extras, and they don't match quite as well but I don't mind at this point because it's either this or succumb to my parents and wear a sweatshirt. (In case you are not a parent, teens refuse to wear any form of warm clothing if they are told to. I t must be either a fashion statement or because the teen in question desires it. We would rather freeze than obey). It's cold enough I may even check out Knitty for that nose warmer pattern.

Weird august.

Enjoy it while summer is still here!

1 comment:

WitchyOne said...

I am so proud to have such a talented knitter (and writer!) for a cousin! Though I haven't seen you in years, I hope you don't mind my commenting on your blog. Keep up the good work kiddo - I'll have to send you some pics of my own creations (though I've only been knitting for a year and am not as good as you). I'll keep checking in with the blog!
Love, cousin Sue