Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School again...and socks to make it all better!

First day of high school...wow that place is big compared to the middle school! The weirdest thing is having classes with people in other grades. It happened a lot today, as I take all of the advanced classes I can. Trig in particular is interesting, as I am one of three freshman among sophomores bumped up a year, juniors, and I think a senior or two. I got turned around once going from chorus to child psych (a class I opted to take instead of the required parenting class), we had to observe slugs in bio, my flip-flop busted a strap, and I have lunch right in the middle of English which is super inconvenient, but overall it wasn't too terrible. Maybe high school won't be so bad after all.

Now on a more fiber-y note....

I finished the Monkey socks for my dancer friend, and I won't be able to get a pic right away but just know they look super amazing even with funky kitchener stitching on one of them. I'll probably give them to her in Chorus tomorrow. I started a pair of Pomatomus (is that spelled right?) socks for yet another bff, and after realizing I get sick reading charts in the car I started a pair of plain socks for moi, using the basic sock pattern from Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McFee.

Anyway I have an essay due tomorrow for AP World History so I have to get on that before we go out to dinner...I wonder if mom will mind if I work a sock gusset during dinner...

1 comment:

WitchyOne said...

I hope school is off to a good start for you! Happy knitting!
Cousin Sue