Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ils sont finis!

French for they are finished...as in the plain socks pour moi (for me). Yay! The Yarn Harlot was right again-2x2 ribbing does stay up better than 1x1. Much less ankle saggage. Pomatomus is terminated for now, in favor of a lace ankle sock-Breeze, I think it's called. Only one skein of yarn and very cute. Then at some point I have resolved to attempt dking socks. I can't let myself wimp out. (However I will use variegated yarn from opposite ends of the skein so i can tell which string to work with when the colors differ...)

For now though, I am finishing up a garter stitch scarf I started a few years ago in an unknown Paton's yarn, slightly chunky in a delicious chocolate brown with flecks of orange, yellow, and an olive green. Even though the stitching of a more inexperienced me is far from perfect, the colors scream autumn to a degree that keeps me from caring. Time for a day of movies, pj's, tea and cider. I love lazy weekends.

No comments: