Monday, September 29, 2008

Little Progress...

I used to get huffy whenever a favorite blog of mine didn't update regularly...now I have much more sympathy. School, musical, karate...it's nearly impossible to get anywhere near the computer, if indeed there has been any progress on the needles to write about at all. So far there hasn't been much. Here is my progress as it stands:

The Breeze socks-I got as far as halfway through the heel when I realized i had forgotten my friend's shoe size and am constantly forgetting to ask her yet again. (The yarn is pretty to look at though)!

The Muscari Socks-Recently started at a finer gauge than I usually work in, the pattern is very elegant and, true to the promise made on the pattern intro works surprisingly well with self-striping yarn. Usually any cabling is lost in the colorful yarns I prefer, and lace just isn't always quite as cozy for winter socks. The only downside is the superfine gauge I mentioned and the resulting extra time between now and a finished project, but with the economy plummeting more knit for my buck may turn into a plus.

Well I had better finish my homework. At this point with the crappy student loan situation, a scholarship is my ticket to college. That and busing tables. Wish me luck!

No comments: