Sunday, July 6, 2008

Home is Where the Knit is

Ahhhh...as much as I love the lake, it's good to be home!

Excuse my non-needle beginning to this post, but my fourth of July couldn't have been better. At the lake on the third of July the whole waterfront community takes part in what is referred to as "The Ring of Fire." At about 10:00, every house on the water lines the beach with flares so the entire lake is red all the way around the perimeter, with few streetlights to interfere with the spectacle. Multiple firework shows, amateur and professional, continue throughout the night, and are even better than usual as you get them twice-once in the air, and again in the water. If anyone happens to visit the Finger Lakes at this time of year, I suggest looking into this, as it is a gorgeous sight to welcome Independence Day.

Now that I'm done advertising local events, I can continue on my yarn meditations. As a result of the grades on my finals, my parents gave me a substantial sum of money to take with me on vacation. (Just to brag, I got 100% in both french and social studies, 97% in accelerated earth science, and a 99% in double accelerated geometry. Not bad, right)? With a good portion of it left, and more on the way for yard work, I plan to take advantage of my luck and browse Knit picks! Yay! Clearance is my best friend, and when it meets pure wool in delicious colors I just about pass out from excitement. What can beat a box of yarn meeting you when you get home? While I'm at it I'll take an order for the sweater my mom intends to have in her possession by autumn and have even more amazing fibers delivered to my door. Maybe I'll even buy a book on the history of knitting since they're having a book sale...I can't take it anymore I have to shop! Excuse me and I'll let you know how I fare.

No comments: