Friday, January 16, 2009

GAH!!!!

Oh wow...so busy...so distracted...so little knitting time!

Midterms are in two weeks, and there are a multitude of impromptu unit tests between then and now. A messy breakup has been making the social aspect of my life interesting these past few weeks, and there has been no FO's at all. On the plus side however, is some new yarn organization...

My mom was disgusted by the state of my room, and demanded a full-fledged clean out. We soon realized how much knitting was hindering our attempts...needles, books, mountains of yarn, and baskets of temporarily abandoned WIP's. What did we do? Well, I now have the beginnings of my own fiber area (which I'm sure will soon become a room) in my attic! The larger of my two dressers was placed upstairs for pricier yarn with handmade scented soap in each drawer, and FO storage, with accessories on top. There are baskets of WIP's, plastic drawers of cheapo yarn, and shelves of yet more yarn on the sides. Pretty soon I hope to set up my dad's old drawing table for my sewing machine, and have all of my fabric and embellishments organized too. (See what I meant by the area shall soon become an entire room?)

The only problem with this fabulous arrangement is that I have to walk up two flights of stairs any time I need anything...but on the plus side I'll have super toned glutes, and I might be a little less impulsive in my beginning new projects :)

1 comment:

WitchyOne said...

Hey there cuz!
Sorry it's been so long since I commented on your blog. I had a computer malfunction that kept me offline for quite some time.

Anyway, I was looking at your most recent pricture of the stripped socks. (Love them!) And here's my question for you. How do you get the stripes to match up on both socks?? I've tried this several times and can never get it quite right. Do you have to buy 2 skeins and start fresh with the beginning of each one? Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.