Friday, January 30, 2009

A Little Bit Over Halfway...

...On more than one WIP! I decided to use my FO victory as a jump start for some WIP reduction. I have attempted this before (generally after a foray into the basket of abandoned projects), to little avail. Now though, while I believe the basket will never be emptied, i figure I can at least shrink the number of unfinished projects that are strewn about my room.

As mentioned earlier, my little yarny space in the attic may hinder my WIP start rate since the yarn is no longer an arm's length away. This seems to have proven true, as I have time on the way upstairs to consider whether I really need a lip-shaped pillow, or whether it is really wise to knit yet ANOTHER sweater for my dog after she chewed the last one. Also, a majority of my knitting books and patterns are upstairs as well while they are not being used for a current WIP, so my obnoxiously delusional imagination has not had any source of encouragement. These factors paired with the high of finishing four items in one fell swoop have kept me from starting anything new. Well, that and the fact that I am out of both sock yarn and the money to buy more.

So finally, the big halfway-reveal...

The first of the Butterfly Socks is finally off the needles, thank god. I thought it would never end.


Don't get me wrong, the pattern is great. I loved the irregular rib, and the butterflies on the sides are pretty darn cute. The gauge is my issue...I usually knit my socks in a few days on size #2 US dpn's. This called for size #0, so my usual quick fix became something that actually required perseverance, and was abandoned for a while before I finally came back to it.

The other over-halfway WIP is my Dad's Manly Scarf, just a garter stitch scarf with color blocks.


The other day I finally reached the second skein of black Wool-Ease Chunky, indicating my halfway point. Granted this may be because I lost what was left of the first skein, but let's not ruin a beautiful moment.

No comments: