Sunday, December 28, 2008

Xmas!

By now my family knows that anything knit related will be warmly received on Christmas-an of course, responded in kind :) Here's what I scored this year...
  • Lion Brand Homespun in the Mediterranean colorway.
  • Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky. One skein Oatmeal, two Charcoal, and an olive-y color I forgot the name of.
  • An 11oz skein of colorful brushed yarn
  • The book Cables, Diamonds, Herringbone on the construction of Fisher men's sweaters.
  • $50 to my local Ben Franklin :0
  • Two skeins of Red Heart Classic in white and an electric blue

Not bad...not bad...lol I already have plans for some of it! The Wool-Ease has already been turned ino half a scarf for my dad. The brushed rainbow is already on the needles for a knit Fall Shawl. It's meant to mimic the crochet version, and isn't the funnest pattern I've ever worked on by any means. I'm still debating whether to frog it or keep going.

Here you tell me...if you were working on a shawl with 75% of the rows being purled (ew) when you knit continental, and the few knit rows only contained ONE plain knit stitch each, and you loathe the pattern with every fiber of your being...but the picture really looks warm...what would you do? Oh, and the yarn doesn't frog well. But you don't have any square, rectangular, or circular shawls and want to give one a try. Well? Lemme know!

No comments: