Friday, December 19, 2008

Let It Snow!!!

Hoo boy! The snow is here! We had to go to school, but left a little early to compensate for any busing delay. As is, plows can't keep up, cars are stuck, and the tree outside my window is barely visible. On the plus side however, a full foot of the fluffy stuff sure is pretty, and great for sledding once the storm abates :)


I had forgotten that in the back of the Chicks With Sticks books is always a few knitting patterns, and once I rediscovered this I started the Butterfly Socks with a denim multi of sock yarn, one of Emily's contributions. I also found some leftover turquoise Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, and made a test swatch of the Edge-Anything Lace. I'm dying to knit up some Selbuvotter items, but I have yet to find any kind of dk wool in decent colors locally. Will have to go on Knitpicks and wait for the mail...

Anyway back to knitting gifts. Time is running out!

No comments: