Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WOOT!

Ok so here's my exciting bit of info for today...While I was at musical, the usual dojos got together for a good old-fashioned karate grading. (I'll test later at a makeup grading with another musical buddy and a student who was sick that day). One of my instructors, sempai Nancy, has now become SENSAI Nancy! OMG! I'm so happy for her-she's the first female sensai in the USA IFK!!! This is such a big deal, and I wanted to make her a congratulatory pair of-what else? Socks!

Haha I'm still debating on what kind though. A plain pair would be quick and stretch a bit more than cabled, and they'd look better in multicolored yarn. But it almost feels like a cop-out on this sort of an occasion. I think I'll end up with plain ones, just because I have no cash to go and buy solid yarn for fancy cables. Or maybe a lace pattern would be better...I don't know! Any suggestions?

No comments: