Saturday, November 29, 2008

Plain and Simple

In the interest of getting Sensai Nancy's socks to her as soon as I could, I chose to knit a pair of the YH's Basic Sock Recipe again. I'm using Heart and Sole from Red Heart, and I don't know what colorway this is but it ROCKS and almost makes up for the lack of fancy stitching! I'm on the gusset of the second sock, no SSS problems here, and was about to get back to work on it with a movie. First, though, I have to take inventory...

I have no time or money for Xmas gifts this year :'( However my immediate family is in need of the following...

Dad-He has a sudden desire for a scarf, ideally one similar to a scarf he saw in the Gap. Different ribbings and blocks of manly colors.

Mom-Someone accidentally ran her Center Square hat through the wash, sooo...felted. Unevenly so. Another one of those is in order.

Lil' Sis-Not sure. I made her dolls clothes recently so she hasn't asked for anything.

Me!-A copycat Noro scarf. You know, the 2 row 1x1 rib scarves everyone is making? Like the Yarn Harlot for example? Only Noro of any kind is way out of my price range, so I'll follow the advice of a Ravelry forum I saw and try Paton's SWS instead. Never used it, but it seems beyond soft! And unlike Noro, is much more affordable and is carried by a shop right down the street!

Anyway, must finish socks!

No comments: