Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Emma's Endless Edging Escapades

I have been telling myself every day for a week now that I am "almost done" with this shawl edging. And each time, I totally believed myself, even though clearly I was not almost done a week ago if I am still knitting today. But now, I feel safe saying I am ALMOST done!

I tried it on as is, with the needles in, and I am in love. It is warm, yet lightweight, and easily stretches across my wingspan even before blocking. I'm not entirely sure how I plan on blocking it, seeing as even my parents' queen bed just about matches my wingspan and I want this shawl to be larger than that. It may have to hang over the ends of the bed a bit. But regardless, I think this shawl will end up being a cushy, comfortable work of art. Sort of an elegant security blanket.

Is it bad that I'm already considering starting another one?

No comments: