Sunday, June 24, 2012

At the Lake

I am sitting in my aunt's house on Conesus Lake, and the Starlock Socks have been cast off and gifted.

I was halfway though the toe to the second sock when Linnea inquired if these were hers. I replied that if they fit, they were hers, and since they did, they are! She will be a faithful air-dryer! and is a grateful hand knit recipient. Yes Linnea, you can expect more knitted stuff in the future! Plus...isn't she a fantastic sock model?

My sister, who chose the sock-picture location with much expertise, then took a few more pictures of the Pi Shawl.

I promise I have a shirt on in these pictures. It is just skin colored. I absolutely adore this shawl. It is lightweight but still incredibly warm, and the pattern looks so intricate now that it's blocked.

Next up are Patrick's socks, Ellie's socks, Andrea's socks, Grandma Helen's socks...oh, and I just ordered 10 skeins of lace weight from Knit Picks. It was on sale, and shawls are fantastic travel knitting. As long as my needles aren't ripped from my hands when I board the plane to France, I shall happily knit as I cross the Atlantic in July.

No comments: