Friday, January 1, 2010

Ooo! Wow!

So I had received a Barnes and Noble gift card, and upon reaching their knitting section I picked up two titles. A gorgeous hardcover, Norwegian Handknits, which is full of all sorts of patterns and historical information and even a few recipies, and Amigurumi Knits. This book led to a kind of revelation.

Now in the past year or so, I've become, if not a fiber snob, a bit prejudiced against fibers that can't be found growing in the natural world. This means my substantial stash of Red Heart Super Saver has been quite neglected as of late. Howver, when it comes to amigurumi, cheap and colorful are pretty much the only criteria the yarn needs to meet. Alright, up to the attic to grab the Super Saver. Down to my room, dump it on my bed. Sort by color...ooo! Wow!



Holy cow!!! That's a lot of yarn!

Time for some stash-busting amigurumi...



Loch Ness Monster! With a black belt for sempei!



Anglerfish!!! Can you say Finding Nemo? "I'm gonna getcha..."

A snail is up next :)

No comments: