Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Pair of Socks...

...for every day of the week!

Yessir, Sunday Swing is my offical seventh pair for ME to wear all winter long!



I think they came out alright, although they're a tad too large on me, so the pattern doesn't show as well as it could, and tends to bunch on the leg. Should have made the size small instead of the medium.

Later last night I had to babysit my cousins, and by the time the evening was over I had another quick project finished as well.



A helmet liner! One of the women at my church saw me knitting my socks, and handed me the free pattern along with some Paton Classic Wool in Deep Olive, supplied by Micheals. They get sent to troops serving overseas, which is why they need to be knit in 100% wool (acrylic is flammable) and in an appropriate color to match their uniforms. (Deep Olive was specified by the instructions). I think it came out alright, and I may look into whipping up a few more. I don't like war, but that's no reason not to support the troops.

Now off to an early Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's side...

No comments: