Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's Hailing Again!

But thankfully I'm inside. So. Moving on...
So last night I decided to skip karate in favor of the local knitting circle, which I had yet to attend. I had shoved my scarf in the nearest purse, quickly cast on my second mitten and completed the hem, and was foolishly considering trying to cast on something flashy that I have yet to attempt (like socks knit one inside the other) for shock value. However when i showed up, eagerly brandishing a pattern one of the women had been curious about and carrying a tote full of projects, I was told that there had been a cancellation. Awww. So, I skulked home and knit another large strip into my Harry Potter scarf, and later (after my right arm was numb from my position on the couch), I cast on another pair of socks!


I truly so apologize for how horrendous the picture is. My camera has been taking more pixle-y pictures every day, and any picture sized larger than the one at left is nearly unrecognizeable.

The pattern is Sunday Swing from Knitty, knit in Heart and Sole by Red Heart, colorway Faded Jeans. The design is a super predictable combination of yarnovers and knit two togethers, with at least one plain knit row between each patterned one. So it's beyond cinchy and mindless, with lots of visual "bang" for you knitting-technique-"buck", yet not so mindless as to bore you. Once I finish these, I'll officially have a pair of handknit socks for every day of the week :) Sweeeet!

No comments: