Thursday, October 4, 2012

Many More Socks

Since coming to college, I have knit socks, socks, socks. Some are for Christmas, so recipients will not be mentioned!
Hermione's Socks, in Knit Picks Stroll, Sparkle Heather. I think these are some of the most beautiful socks that I have ever made! The stitch looks like beading, and this color is to die for.

Bow Ties Are Cool, in Stroll Scarlet, I think. Not my favorite. I was bored halfway through knitting them, and the arch is too high. I should have known better and knit it shorter, but now I know to follow my instincts next time.

More Upside-Down Leyburns. I'm so glad that I revamped this pattern for top-down. The fit is ten times better (though they are big on me, because they aren't for me),and I love a standard top-down heel flap and toe. I used Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome in Cabin Fever. This color and yarn were great, complex without being too much, and very soft. I think it ought to hold up well.

Paul Atwell Socks, in Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Fuchsia. I think Peppermint would be a better color name, but I have no complaints about this yarn. It's harder and rounder than the Sockittome, but the semi-solid colors are gorgeously blended. The red is a deeply saturated cherry, and the pink is almost as pale as I think it could be, while still be being considered pink. This pattern is a major yarn-eater, but I love the effect of the slipped stitches. It's similar to the Edwardian Boating Socks. Next time though, I want to stick to my usual toe with decreases every other row. The faster decreases suggested do make a nice rounded toe, but my feet just don't fit in it as we'll.

A crappy picture, but these are men's socks in Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome in Tropical Storm. I didn't notice the purple bits until I started knitting, but I think the man in question can live with it. I like the random thin striping on these socks, and I still had plenty of yarn left over.

Currently I'm using some Trekking XXL. I don't love the colors, but the yarn was majorly on sale, and they will still be warm when they are concealed under my boots this winter. Pictures later!

No comments: