Saturday, September 5, 2009

Not So Funny Now...Is It? :)

So last night was the first varsity football game of the season, before school has even started. Before I rushed off to the local diner for dinner with Bonnie and Hannah, I slipped into my bag...

Center Square Hat
Hermione's Cable and Eyelet Hat
Hermione's Cable and Bobble Hat
Texting Mittens
Annemor 16
Fetching

...and a random scarf or two. In short, enough to outfit the three of us for the game. Sadly, as is usually the case with genius, my foresight was giggled at by many an acquaintance at the field, as it was still about 75 degrees out, and the hardcore fans were running around shirtless (guys) or in sports bras (girls) covered in paint. Sure enough though, as the game dragged on it got a little chilly. One by one, a each of my friends would reach for a sweatshirt or ask around for spares. Then it got colder still, the game was still going strong...and who were the warmest people there? Me and Emmydee! The only knitters of the posse :) A small victory I admit, but I'll take what I can get.

No comments: