Monday, July 27, 2009

If at First You Don't Succeed...

Pomatomus may have kicked my butt once...

...but not this time!

I have since grafted the first sock shown, and started the cuff for the second one twice. For the record, it was not my own incompetence that caused the need for a do-over. There was a funnel cloud (good chance for a tornado) spotted touching ground near my village in Upstate New York (well, there is a first time for everything), and I attempted to work on the cuff while taking refuge in the basement. In the dark. Without a chart. Genius.

Regardless, I knit the foot a bit too long and thus shortened the toe, ending with 28 stitches to graft rather than 12. The stitch pattern is comfortably stretchy without falling down, interesting to work, and of course, resembles fish scales. How cool is that? This is the first project in a long time I haven't minded ripping back at all, it's so entertaining to whip up. I can't wait til I can wear the pair...

No comments: