Sunday, June 21, 2009

Coincidence

On a troubling note, my grandma took a fall down the steps leading from the road to the waterfront at my aunt's lakeside cottage. We think a broken ankle, EMS got her to the best hospital in the area quickly and safely. I wasn't allowed to go, and in the midst of my disappointment I looked down and realized my second sock was almost ready to graft the toe. It's a berryish striping pattern-pinks, brown, and navy, the pattern a blend of the YH's Generic Sock Recipe and a lightweight Thuja.

My mom dropped me and my sister off at the house, and before she ran out the door to meet the rest of the family already at the hospital, I slipped the finished pair into her bag for her to find later.

If I can't be there, I suppose my knitting is close enough.

No comments: